Tips for keeping your best people
- We can help people be better at their job, developing their self-awareness and personal capabilities; or change career and find a new start.
- We can help teams understand each other and function better.
- Reveal their individual strengths, then dare people to use them
- Give your people the courage to stretch themselves and develop their capabilities
- Crave individuality in teams – unique perspectives bring hidden delights
- Fulfil your business objectives by setting clear individual and team goals
- Communicate, communicate, communicate – it’s a two-way thing
- Write down and agree their role and responsibilities
- Exchange expectations; discuss what you expect of them and what they expect of you
- Delegate and gently turn the volume up or down on your support to reflect their progress; embrace risk and let them learn from failure
- Recognise and reward good behaviour and attitude
- Give and ask for feedback, make it specific, timely and based in evidence; what behaviour that led to what outcome