Tips for recruiting the right people for your business
- We can help you hire or promote the right person who fits the job and fits in the team in terms of behaviours, motivation and attitude.
- We can help you put in place tools for large scale recruitment campaigns and sift large volumes of applications.
- Look for passion – can the candidate be the best they can be in this job?
- Don’t be fooled – ask candidates to demonstrate key aspects of the job
- Know what amazing looks like in the job – skills, knowledge and behaviours
- Give an authentic experience of your business to candidates
- Evaluate, evaluate, evaluate – get value for your money
- Pre-plan your interview questions and what good and poor answers look like
- Encourage candidates to prepare and use the STAR approach:
the Situation they faced, the Task needed, the Action they took and the Result
- Use the Observe, Record, Classify, Evaluate approach when assessing
- Use a five point rating scale and a scoring system to bring objectivity
- Embrace the benefits of psychometric tests and the objectivity they can bring